Index: what’s covered in this article?
- What is computer networking?
- Types of computer networking
- Components of networking
- Professional attributes of networking
- How to test network speed between two computers?
- Final verdict
Technology is revolutionizing this world and humans living with each passing day. improvisation is taking place in every field of human life. But ever thought where this advancement initiated from? When we look back through the early times, human living was simple. There was no concept of machine and technology. But as we know that human nature is variant. It demands changes and variations to satisfy its living. So, there were some masterminds among such group of people that thought to refurbished human lives and took the first step towards technology. This step was the beginning of technological development and as time passed humans achieve milestones in the field of technology and make their living easier and fancier than ever before. We have compiled the best information about how to test network speed between two computers in the article. We suggest you carry on reading.
But when we talk about the first-ever device that extemporizes and places the first stone in the history of technology, we realized that this device was the computer. The computer was the first-ever device that was built to assist humans in multiple ways. It was developed by Charles Babbage in the mid-1830s who intended to design a digital engine that will aid humans. According to the modern definition of the computer system, “it is a device that operates and manipulates data according to the instructions of the intended users in terms of binary digits”. There are several milestones that a computer system has achieved in the history of technology.
There are multiple successful stories as we look through the history of the computer system. without computers, every technological and digital information advancement seems impossible. Not just this computer system has remodeled and reconstructed the whole human living. Now in today’s world, it seems impossible to live without a computer system. There are multiple extensions of the computer system like smartphones, notebook computers, laptops, tablets, etc., each of these devices is playing a very crucial role in the lives of technology users. Almost every individual is adopting these devices for multiple purposes like socializing, searching, and browsing, gaming purposes, and whatnot.
If we talk about the basic operation of a computer system, we realized that the computer operates on a binary system. This binary system is a standardized computer language that is being used from earlier computers up till now. The two basic parts of a computer system are hardware and software. Hardware is any physical device that can be sensed by the human physical touch. These hardware devices are monitors, CPU, hard drives, hard disk drives, keyboard, mouse, joystick, micro-chips, speakers, printers, and scanners, etc., whereas as software is a set of instructions that provides complete guidance to the hardware devices for what to do and how to do. The software includes word processors like Microsoft office word, pages, network browsers, multimedia players, graphic programs, etc. but there is a third-party system that coordinates and manages all the working of a software program and a hardware device, and this system is known as an operating system.
Like if we take the example of computer networking, the whole networking process is managed by the operating system by perfectly coordinating all the intended hardware devices and the software programs. But what is computer networking? But first, we have to get an idea of what basically networking is. Let’s discuss it in more detail.
When we consider the basic definition of networking then it can be simply defined as, “ the technique of sharing ideas and information among a group of people having a common interest”. Networking is basically socializing for a particular cause or intention.
When this networking is computer-based then it is termed computer networking. Computer networking involves sharing of ideas information or data by using internet protocols and transport protocols. It is aiding humans to develop a sense of digital marketing and promotions and to refurbish their style of socializing for the intended purposes. Networking comprises of designing, constructing, managing, maintaining, and operating the software infrastructure and the network policies.
Computer networking urges devices to be connected on a local network or a larger network such as the internet or a private-wide network. The local network area (LAN ) is common for local networking and the widespread area (WAN) is common for widespread networking. Not just this computer networking supports telephone calls, text messages, video streaming, or calling over the internet too. For operating the computer network a proper networking skill is required according to the complexity of the network. for example, a large institution or enterprise requires thousands of security attributes and nodes of safety like an end to end encryption, etc., all these networking skills require trained and professional personnel.
Today networking is considered the backbone of online business development. You can take online networking as a small room where billions of people are present for the intended cause. It is used for almost everything from browsing to searching, from accessing the internet to printing documents networking is playing a very important role. When we talk about the type of networking there are two basic types of networking.
- Wired networking
- Wireless networking
1.Wired networking: wired networking requires some physical devices for its operation. This type of networking uses the physical medium for the transfer of information or data. use of copper-based internet cables is generally used for such purposes. It is famous and popular among users because of its low cost and high efficacy. Its reliability and durability attributes make it suitable for digital communications for businesses or general house-holds purposes. the copper-based cabling has optical fibers which allow the users to transfer or transport data over a huge distance with full pace and momentum.
Wired networking offers momentum, greater stability, and more security than wireless networking but it has several tradeoffs too. sometimes the setup for wired networking for advanced purposes may costs higher than the user’s budget.
2.Wireless networking: wireless networking is an advanced attribute of technological studies. It uses electromagnetic active radio waves to transfer data from one terminal to another. It transfers data over the air without the aid of any physical medium such as cables and fibers. The only thing which is required for wireless networking is the modem or the signaling-producing device. it is more advance and improvised than the wired networking and the users are adopting it because it has no cabling so the user can perform networking in as little space as possible. wireless networking provides mobility, flexibility, and more scalability than wired networking. Wireless LANs are the most common example of wireless networking. Other examples include Bluetooth, satellite, etc.,
Here it must be noted that the above-mentioned types of networking are based on the physical medium of its information transfer. However, networking can also be classified according to its design or how it was built, according to some encompassing or circumscribe approaches that may include software-defined networking (SDN). Networking can also be grouped according to the environment in which it is used and on the scale to which it is intended to use like, campus, LAN, WAN, storage area networks, or data center networks.
Wired and wireless networking requires some physical gadgets for the transfer of data from one end to another. These physical infrastructures include switches, routers, and a wireless access point, and an underlying permanent software program or firmware that will assist in functioning such equipment. The additional feature for wired networking is the presence of the cabling attribute.
Other components of networking include software programs that are installed with an aim of managing, monitoring, and securing the network. Moreover, networks also rely upon the use of standard protocols too. these protocols uniformly perform functions for the communication of different types of data. for example, the Voice over IP (VOIP) can transport the IP of telephonic traffic to any terminal point that supports this VOIP protocol.
Computer networking is playing a very crucial role in the advancement of professionalism. Professional computer networking is vital for career growth. However, sometimes people associate networking as a waste of time and with cheesy searching, but they have no idea how networking is promoting and growing professional careers and business in either of the ways. Come let’s check how computer networking is beneficial for professionals.
- Reinforce business connections: due to the fruitful attributes of computer networking the business developers gets a chance to connect with a huge group of individuals who have a common interest. This saves time and expenses for the developers and ultimately helps them in developing a stronger connection with such individuals too.
- Getting innovative ideas: the other useful feature of networking is getting innovative ideas for your professional career. When you socialize with a group of people and exchange your thoughts among them, then you get an opportunity to understand and grow your career with more professionalism.
- Gaining more knowledge: by the assistance of networking, you get a menace and feasibility to gain more and more knowledge within a short interval of time that will surely help you in your future endeavors too.
- Career advice: when you interact with people of a common field of study, you get multiple ideas and advice from experienced personnel as well which will assist you in your career development.
- Confidence building: the most basic attribute of networking is that it builds confidence among its users. the individuals that adopt networking for their professional work get to know people of the same interest and the interactions with the professionals will surely assist such users to develop a sense of confidence as well.
Besides The above-mentioned attributes and features the computer networking aids its users in multiple other ways as well that will build a sense of responsibility, confidence, and professionalism as well.
Sometimes the users intend to check the network speed between the two computers so according to which they can choose the right network for the right purpose. come let\’s see how it is done.
The aim of testing the network speed totally depends on the intention of the users that for what purpose they might be testing the network speed. The reason can be either the development of a professional business for which the network speed is tested up or for some similar related cause. But one thing that users should keep in mind is that the working speed of a network depends upon the user’s computer performance and the momentum of the intended network. Testing the network speed between the two computer systems on a local network can be done by following some easy steps which are listed as:
- Step 01: Turn on both the respective computers in which the speed of the network has to be tested a make sure that they are connected to the intended network, that might be a wired network or a wireless network.
- Step 02: utilize one computer to locate another computer system on the network. this is done by clicking on the start menu and then selecting the network option. The second computer will appear in the network window of the first.
- Step 03: click on the second computer to get access to its hard disk drive.
- Step 04: select a suitable file from the first’s computer hard disk drive but make sure that this file should be large enough and must be over 100 MBS. Copy the intended file on the second computer by selecting copy.
- Step 05: go back to the second computer and select the appropriate position for the saving of the intended file. navigate the speed and the copying status of the two computers. This indicates that at what speed the file is getting transferred and you will get an idea of the network speed between the two computers.
Networking has several fruitful attributes if used correctly. Sometimes, the users face difficulty in checking the network speed between the two computers, in this article we have provided you a basic technique that will surely assist you in testing network speed between the two computers.
Recommended Readings (visualrsoftware)
- How to access chrome extensions?
- 32-bit vs 64-bit Office
- Remote Desktop Multiple Monitors Windows 10