By using this screen, You can carry define or modify the application configuration of the solution upon your system. For this, you are required to enter the ‘Application Configuration‘ sub-menu through the ‘Administration’ menu. Therein, there are three tabs titled ‘Activation Details‘, ‘User Settings‘ and ‘Miscallaneous‘, and denote three different manners in which the Visualr application installed upon your system may be configured in order to perform best according to your preferences.
1.License Details: This section provides the details of Activation License that has been used to activate the running version of Visualr.
2. Logged In Users: This section gives basic information about the developer users logged in right now, including their User IDs, IP Addresses and the Timestamps of their sessions.
3. Activation: If the user has received Activation Key for the Visualr Edition and wishes to activate the same, it can be done in this section by entering the Activation Key in the text field and clicking the ‘Activate’ button. Primarily speaking, there are three purposes that can be achieved by activating the Visualr solution. They are as follows:
a. Trial Version to Full Version: If you are working upon a trial version of Visualr, you may purchase a license key and enter the same in this field to upgrade to full version of the solution.
b. Lifetime Version to Full Version: Similar to the trial version, if you are working upon a lifetime version of Visualr, you may purchase a license key and enter the same in this field to upgrade to full version of the solution.
c. Acquiring Additional User Licenses: If you wish to enable more users in your organization to use the Visualr solution, you may purchase additional user licenses and turn them applicable. For doing so, you just need to enter the same old key in the text field, and get updated license.
This window lists some common configuration options available to the end user.
1. Date Time Format: This option allows you to define the date and time format of your choice to be followed by the Visualr application. Available Date Formats comprise of dd/MM/yyyy, dd/MM/yy, dd/MMM/yy, dd/MMM/yyyy and so on; while the two Time Formats are 12 Hrs and 24 Hrs.
2. User Images: Utilizing this option, the user can upload custom images such as the company logo or banner that can be used later as the background image while designing the dashboard.
Under the ‘Miscellaneous’ tab, a number of actions may be performed to edit or modify the application configuration of Visualr. Lets’ have a look upon them one by one.
1. Max Rows Scan: This option enables the user to define the number of rows to be scanned within the flat and excel files, for determination of the correct data type for different columns. Increasing the number of rows to be scanned will decrease the system performance while decreasing this number will speed up the operations.
2. Command Timeout (Min.): In this field you may fill the time duration in minutes, for the solution to wait from the database server, in case you are using MSSQL, Oracle or My SQL server.
3. Viewer Timeout (Minute): This is the maximum time duration in minutes to be specified for a dashboard viewer , for which he may remain inactive within the current session. If he remains inactive beyond this limit, his current Visualr session will get expired and he will have to log in to the solution again.
4. Sync Data (Minute): This drop-down menu denotes the time duration in minutes, after which at regular intervals Visualr will begin looking for the saved file in the source folder, and launch the conversion process.
5. Don’t check for update: Visualr has been developed with a feature that regularly checks for a newer version of the software application, and issues alert on the main page of the solution interface in case it finds a new version available to be downloaded and installed. If you leave this checkbox unselected, Visualr will keep this feature active and you will receive the alerts regularly. But if you don’t intend to receive alerts about new versions of Visualr, you just need to select this checkbox.
6. Don’t show navigation: When you launch Visualr for the first time, a navigation panel appears on the screen that helps you to learn all the salient features of the solution in a short span of time. But if you are aware of all the features of the solution and don’t want the navigation panel to appear the next time you launch Visualr, you are required to select this checkbox.