MS SQL Data Provider
If you are using MS SQL database with Visular for creating your dashboards, first of all you need to provide your database credentials to pull the data into the solution through your database, so that queries may be built with the help of it. The procedure for adding a new MS SQL database into the Visular data repository is as follows:
- Launch the form by clicking upon the “ADD NEW”
- Enter any alpha numeric name, for example “Data01” or “Example_2014_Data” in the ‘Name’ field.
- Select Database Server Name from the dropdown menu, it lists the names of all available database servers. If Server name is not found in dropdown, you can enter the Server Name or IP address manually on your own. If you are using named instance than enter “servername\instance” For example, if your server name is “MYSERVER” and instance name is “SQLEXPRESS” then enter “MYSERVER\SQLEXPRESS”.
- Login Information: Select “Windows Authentication” or “SQL Server Authentication” as per the configuration of your Database.
- Database Information: Select the desired database from the drop down list.
- Test your connection.
Click update to save the information.