My SQL Data Provider
If you are using MY SQL database with Visular for creating your dashboards, first of all you need to connect to the database server, so that queries may be built with the help of it. The procedure for adding a new MY SQL database into the Visular data repository is as follows:
- Launch the form by clicking upon the ‘ADD NEW’ button.
- Enter any alpha numeric name, for example “Data01” or “Example_2014_Data” in the ‘Name’ field.
- Server Name: Enter the MY SQL server name or IP Address.
- User name: Use the username available at the MySQL server being
- Click at the “Get Database Name” button – this will list the names of all available databases in the drop down menu. Select the one required.
- Test your connection.
- Click update to save.